In honor of National Domestic Violence Awareness Month, I get to talk with the American Counseling Association about subtle and psychological abuse.
In this short discussion, I cover what counselors (and the rest of us) need to know:
• Myths and misconceptions about intimate partner abuse
• What therapists (and others) often miss when dealing with abuse
• Signs someone is being mistreated or abused that are often overlooked
• Why victims (really) stay in abusive relationships
• Why counselors need to learn more about subtle abuse
A heartfelt thank you to Emily St. Amant and the ACA for raising awareness around subtle abuse. I so appreciate the opportunity to have a much needed conversation about this issue that we all need to know more about.
Tune in to the full episode here: